Illegal to sell used cats?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Illegal to sell used cats?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:29:13 -0700
No, not felines.  Catalytic converters.

I sent quote requests to two junkyards looking for a stock pre-heat
catalytic converter.  One gave me a quote and let me order; the other
declined to quote and said it was illegal for them to sell me a used
catalytic converter.

Now I've bought parts from the latter and they couldn't find their
derriere with both hands (pardon my French).  Are they correct that
selling used cats is illegal, or are they just making up a credible
excuse to avoid going out into the yard to find the part?

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94