Refinishing Carbon Fiber

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Refinishing Carbon Fiber
From: Raza Uddin <raza.uddin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:00:59 -0700
I recently bought a Dinan carbon fiber intake that has its clearcoat
chunking off.  I'd like to simply restore its original finish of
clearcoated carbon fiber.

Here is a picture of the intake tube:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/ruddin3/DSCN1870.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about refinishing the tube?
Any tips/tricks when refinishing carbon fiber? Are normal sandblasting
techniques okay for use on bare carbon fiber?  Any specific chemical
strippers that could be used?  Most imporantly, does it look a like a
DIY job for someone decently competent with a can of aerosol
clearcoat?

Would a decent body shop be able to deal with this? Any suggestions of
shops in the SF Bay Area?

Drive Safely,
Raza