FOR SALE: simulation wheel

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: FOR SALE: simulation wheel
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 15:24:36 -0700
I know that some of the folks on this list use driving simulators.

I have a steering wheel/pedal set for the PC that I'm giving away for
free (I have three now, and I really only need one, or at most two).

The details: It's an Act Labs Force RS steering wheel.  It's the
original version which can plug into a serial port only, and will only
work with Windows 98 or earlier versions of Windows.  For $50, you can
buy a cartridge that adds USB support and works with any version of
Windows.

The Force RS is a high-quality force-feedback steering wheel with
paddle shifters, and accelerator and brake pedals.  I have made some
mechanical improvements to the pedals to give them a firmer feel and
smoother operation.  There are many add-ons you can buy like a premium
pedal set with a clutch, and a "real" shift lever.

See http://www.act-labs.com/ for details.

As I said, I'm giving it away for free -- if you still use Windows 98,
you should be good to go, and if you have a newer version of Windows,
the total cost to you will be $50 to buy the USB cartridge.

I've even got the original box, and I will throw in a cartridge that
allows you to use the steering wheel with the original Sony
Playstation.

"Buyer" picks up, or can take delivery at an SFR or AAS autocross.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94