SFR Technical Inspection Rules

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: SFR Technical Inspection Rules
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2005 20:15:24 -0000
My SFR season came to an end today on grid about 20 minutes before the
mandatory driver's meeting when a person claiming to be chief of tech failed my
car for not having the K&N cone filter in the fully enclosed compartment
forward of the radiator "clamped down." When I asked, "where can it go?" I was
told, "We don't do things that way here."

If SFR actually does have a rule that everything must be solidly clamped in
place irrespective of safety, some one might want to consider printing it
somewhere rather than "catching" 4 or 5 people per event.

BTW, the filter is attached to a flexible 4" diameter hose and had previously
passed 80 SFR inspections. Even if it became detached from the hose it could
not get out of the compartment and there is nothing it can interfere with.

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
https://signup.mybluelight.com