Pylon for February 2005

To: C Prepared <Cp@lists.carlc.com>,
Subject: Pylon for February 2005
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:19:01 -0500
Now in the mail is the February 2005 edition of
North American Pylon

This month we cover the El Paso Pro Solo won by
Erik Strelnieks and his Corvette ZO6.

Arizona Region's Chinbese New Year Parade.

San Francisco Region's Round 2 with top time set by
Chris Obert in his D Mod Dallara (It looks remarkably like
a Fiat X1/9).

Tidewater Sports Car Club's results problems.
Tidewater SCC's Wintercross 3

Features include the latest proposal on A Prepared including vehicle
weights which SCCA left out of its proposal in Sports Car magazine.
Aparently somebody in charge has once again left out an important part.
That happened with the previously published D Prepared listing in the Solo
II rule book. And previously with some basic information on D Modified. We
think its in the "Somebody's" job description.
Time to write a letter, which won't be acknowledged but you gotta do it
anyway and send a copy to Pylon. We'll print it. See the letter in this
issue from a guy building a D Prepared Miata.

        We supply the COMPLETE rules for the upcoming Car and Driver
magazine Tour, including calendar of events, promoted by Steve Volpp.
        At its National convention in February, SCCA inducted the late Vern
Jaques (and nine others) into its inaugural Hall of Fame class. Back in
March 1998 Mr. Jaques outlined his contribution, in Pylon, toward
developing Solo II in SCCA and how a number of officials just plain didn't
care about getting involved in the parking lot game. We reprint his
article.

Columns:
        Pat Kelly compares getting to a destination via train and compares
it to recent foggy rule writing.
        Lorenzo the Scribe write about a dream where he's driving a recent
model Mini bearing a VIN number of a 35-year-old Mini.
        Abner Perney reacts to the Ford 500 sedan, says he'd prefer a Lotus
Elise.
        Editor John Kelly writes about the difficulties faced by SCCA's
rule writers.

Plus two pages of autocross cars for sale.

To have your own copy deivered to you via a uniformed official of the U.S.
Postal Service, send your address and a check for $24 covering a 12-month
subscription  to:
                North American Pylon
                P.O. Box 1203
                Pleasanton, CA 94566-0120

or,     Call 1-800-58-KELLY during west coast business hours and charge a
subscription to
                your Visa, MC, or AmericanExpress.
or,     Type out the info and FAX it to 1-925-846-0118. The FAX operates
24/7.
                Or, Print large legible letters.
or,     see our Web page at <www.NAPylon.com> and maybe we can make a deal.

--John Kelly, editor and publisher.