Re: <no subject>

To: Patrick Jones <pcjones33@yahoo.com>, Pat Kelly
Subject: Re: <no subject>
From: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:14:03 -0800 (PST)
--- Patrick Jones <pcjones33@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sensitive?  4 years ago I bought an amazing two-seat
> 1500 pound car that I figured for sure would be
> welcome to race, especially since it was built for
> that purpose.  Come to find out that since it was
> green/yellow and said Lotus on the front, I would
> have
> had better luck welding together some tubes and
> placing a snowmobile engine and some wheels on a
> "car".
>
> Not sensitive.  Sad, really.

Patrick, you fail to mention that you bought a car
that wasn't for sale in the US by its manufacturer and
had to be imported as a "gray market" car.  Please
forgive the Sports Car Club of America for only
recognizing cars that are actually sold here.  How
would we keep track of every car sold anywhere in the
world with no factory documentation available here?

That notwithstanding, some of us have been working to
get your car accepted in the Prepared Category.  Those
are the same people who got the Lotus 7A reduced from
1200 lbs to 1125, and now to 1100, hopefully for 2005.
 I thought we were going to get it down to 1042, but
some other members got that squashed...

Charlie

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com