Re: SM2?

To: john@harlie.idsfa.net
Subject: Re: SM2?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 15:24:48 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/04 8:59:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
john@harlie.idsfa.net writes:

> Triangulated braces aren't legal in SM/SM2.  The braces that are
> allowed are "strut braces" which have to connect only two suspension
> mounting points with no fore-aft connections; and "subframe
> connectors", which are not allowed to tie the two sides of the car
> together.  A triangular brace does both at the same time, so it's not
> allowed.

This seems odd to me.  With all that IS allowed in SM/SM2, and the sheer
number of strut braces that are offered with triangulation to the firewall, I
would think it would be allowed.  I can only guess that a triangulated brace
isn't
available for "King" Dennis Grant's Mitsu product, therefore it's not legal
in "his" class.

Charlie