RE: Autocross Injuries (was: Re: Navid Sighting?)

To: "'Ms Katie Kelly'" <aceontour@yahoo.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Autocross Injuries (was: Re: Navid Sighting?)
From: "Jesus Villarreal" <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:59:10 -0700
Katie write:

Barring doing stupid things.

You can go faster down windy roads on a bike than in a
car.

-Katie

I edited to suit my thoughts, but, it seems to me as though you are saying
one thing and then saying you can do it in the next sentence. Going fast
down a windy road does not seem like a smart thing to do, since most of
those windy roads have large trees right next to the pavement, and sometimes
steep drops that are 100's of feet down. What would happen if that road had
one tiny slick spot where a car had dropped some oil, and you rode right
over it while on the limit of adhesion on those tiny little hula hoops bikes
have for tires. Maybe I'm getting old, but I won't be going fast down any
windy roads on a bike for fear of not going home in one piece.