Re: Other AutoX - Lockheed location

To: mwizard@earthlink.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Other AutoX - Lockheed location
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 00:50:55 EDT
In a message dated 5/16/2004 3:48:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mwizard@earthlink.net writes:
I know, most of us AutoX w/ theSCCA, but I want more(and of course, I
occasionally have a scheduling conflict).  I have heard that some other
group AutoXs at Lockeed in Sunnyvale.  Can anyone help on this?
Mark
Mark Mervich
Lockheed-Martin Sports Car Club, formerly a member club of NCSCC, used to
hold public autocrosses at Pleasanton like the other NCSCC clubs. After the
(ahem) departure of NCSCC from the autocross scene, the club took to putting on
restricted autocrosses for their own club members and occasional invited
guests.
Membership in the club is tightly constrained, limited mostly to
Lockheed-Martin employees and retirees. (My wife is an employee, so it is okay
for me to be
a member) The events are held on Lockheed-Martin property and a large amount
of insurance is bought by the club to placate the Lockheed-Martin authorities.
Another staple of the agreement is the heavy restriction for entry into the
Area. Because of Homeland Security requirements, only authorized individuals
have access to the area. I am not talking club members with clipboards asking
new arrivals, Lockheed-Martin now has armed guards and gates at all entries to
their full facility. No name on list? It's U-turn time. Try NASA - And I don't
mean the guys at Moffett Field. - Seth Emerson