Re: Couple more questions related to National Tour event

To: Donald R McKenna <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Couple more questions related to National Tour event
From: Kevin Stevens <kevin_stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:18:44 -0700
On Apr 26, 2004, at 18:25, Donald R McKenna wrote:

> Peter Thana wrote:
>
>> Okay let me try to phrase this carefully...
>>
>> The rule is that when you register, you have to show them a rulebook.
>> It is *supposed* to be yours.

Not accurate.

> Most recently having a rule book in-hand at various Tour Registrations
> on
> Friday evening has been adequate including a book shared by two
> drivers in
> the same car. No one, in the last few years, including Nationals
> registration, has determined who actually owns the book. I make this
> specific observation because at one time in my registration
> experience, at
> Nationals, I've had to show my (or the car owner's/co-driver's) name
> written
> into the front cover of the rule book presented at registration.

There is no requirement that anyone own a rulebook, at least through
2003.

4.1.B (2003)

Drivers must *possess* (emphasis mine) a current copy of the Solo I and
II Rules at the time of registration at Divisional and National Solo
events.

The person requiring your inscribed name was out of line.

KeS