NASA at Altamont

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, "james creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Subject: NASA at Altamont
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:03:49 -0400
In a casual conversation with Dennis Hale several weeks ago, he told me
he'd NEVER stage another event at Marina and that his next event would be
at Altamont Motorsports Park, located between Livermore and Tracy.
I neglected to ask him WHEN that would be, assuming he'd tell me when he
wanted it to appear in Pylon.

        Apparently that was not the case and the first NASA autocross event
apparently happened at Altamont yesterday, April 4. Was anybody on this
list who would care to share how it all came off?

        At the time Dennis said he would put together a "B" shaped course.
Altamont has a half-mile with a quarter mile that shares the front
straight. Alongside the back straight is a wide asphalt area that also
could (Maybe?) be used.
        As the paved racing pits are located outside the track behind the
back straight, I can see some creative possibilities at Altamont.

        The walls around both tracks, however, are quite hard.

--John Kelly