Re: Red line oil products?

To: "ba-autox Bay Area AutoX" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Red line oil products?
From: "Scott & Charlotte Miller" <bimmerdogs@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:13:17 -0800
Roy Howell (I think that was his name), chief chemist at Red Line,
gave a presentation at a GGC BMW CCA tech session.  They aim their
marketing at the racing market because they feel that their products
meet the needs of racers better than other brands.  Having said that,
even he admitted that the biggest bang for the synthetic lube buck was
in 1) diff lubes, and 2) gearbox and transaxle lubes.  He said there
was less difference between the different brands of synthetic motor
oils, but that he felt that Red Line was clearly superior in
transmissions and especially diffs.

HTH,

Scott Miller
GGC BMW CCA