Re: '04 Round 4 Conceptual Course Design on line

To: Josh Sirota <josh@sirota.org>,
Subject: Re: '04 Round 4 Conceptual Course Design on line
From: 4D Sport <fourdsport@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 06:55:04 -0800 (PST)
Thanks Josh and everyone for the feedback and offers to help in design and
execution.

Just to clarify, the map I pointed to is simply a concept and will vary in it's
execution.  As it becomes final I'll update it and make copies to hand out at
registration.   Even then, it is subject to change until inspected and approved
by the Safety Steward.  I'll never forget the '02 Bremerton National Tour where
I DNFed all three runs looking at the map which did not depict an extra gate
added for safety after the official course maps were published.  Please don't
put too much stock in the map.

Also, this is not the first time I've posted maps on line before an Event.  The
GGR PCA used to require the Course Designer to produce a map before their
events at least they did of me when I developed a course for them in '02.  Also
in '02 when Ed and I chaired round 3 we put a map up at:
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2002/Championship/Family%20Car%20Race%20Park.jpg
  Perhaps it would be more equitable if the map I hosted were on-line at
through the Event Info Page?

I'll equally happy to refrain from publishing course maps for SFR SCCA events
in the future, than the only competitor with an advantage will be ME! :^).

Thanks again and see you Sunday, Sunday, Sunday,

Barry

Josh Sirota <josh@sirota.org> wrote:
> Thanks to Anthony Tabacco for a map depicting the light poles I've
constructed a course which misses at least half of them. Obviously I've
still got some work to do but here's a URL with the general concept:

> http://www.4d-sport.com/pages/758688/index.htm

Barry,

Don't forget, one of the neat things about autocross as a sport is that the
course is supposed to be new to everyone when they arrive at the event, so
that everyone has the same amount of time to prepare to drive it. Posting a
course on-line before the event mucks up the concept, especially for those
competitors who aren't reading this mailing list ...

Josh