re: Lotus 7 project

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Lotus 7 project
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 14:17:53 -0800
Ed said,
    From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
    Subject: Looking for a pair of Miata wheels/tires

    Some friends of mine locally are working on a neat project car.
Basically,
    a homebuilt Lotus7 clone with a modified 13B rotary in it....also using
the
    donor car (1985 RX7) 5-speed and rear end.   This is a long-term project,
    expect it'll be another 1-2 years until it is done.  Once it is done, I
hope
    to get them out to run autocross in it :).
This of course has been done before.  The version I heard of was referred to
as the Rotus.  8-D  I'd wonder if there weren't still plans or kits to do this
around somewhere....

My brother was a rotary nut (well, still is, though he's broken down and
bought a Civic) who had as a goal to drop a rotary into a Karmann Ghia.
Reversed, so that it would be mid-engine, with the powerplant where the room
behind the front seats was.   It sure would have been light enough to go fast,
though not as light (~1900-2000# as a VW) as a Rotus probably.    Never got
beyond the planning stages though.

PaulT