Re: Funny French Car

To: Richard Urschel <osp13@mybluelight.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Funny French Car
From: Bryan Nemy <bnemy@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:03:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Rich!

Don't scare this guy off with a letter to the SEB.  He just wants to try this
stuff out.  If novice, just run in GS-N  and have some fun.  Unless he is a
ringer the rest of the class won't even notice.

Bryan

Richard Urschel <osp13@mybluelight.com> wrote:
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:50:38 -0700 Andy Fuchs wrote:
> I understand that the registration people at the event should be able to
> classify me, but:

The Solo Events Board would have to do that. I can find no catch all phrase to
put you in a class better than Super Stock.

model, weight, torque/rpm, class
405DL 2460 120@4250 HS
MI 16 2715 128@5000 GS
505T 3140 180@2750 ?

It sounds like your waste gate controller may be technically illegal in which
case stock, street prepared, and STS appear to be out. STX won't allow over 2.0
liters turbocharged, and even Prepared requires any turbo charged car to be
specifically listed. Maybe SM or OSP?

If you're just looking to have fun, go with OSP. If you're looking to be
competitive, well...

You could run GS-N and talk to your competitors at each event or just hope no
one protests you.

You can write a letter to the SEB requesting classification of your car, but
that takes some time.

And, might as well say it now, you could drive a competively classed car.