Re: Congratulations to Day3/4 SFR autocrossers

To: Ms Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Congratulations to Day3/4 SFR autocrossers
From: Yeoh Yiu <squid@panix.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2003 21:14:02 -0400
Ms Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com> writes:

> Actually, we have photos somewhere of Josh driving his
> dad's Boxster, which he autocrossed out here for a
> part of a season. I remember at the time he thought it
> was a nice car, but not worthy of its price tag. :)
>
> Great job at nationals, Josh, Andy, and Chris!
>
> My hat's off to everybody who went. Good work!
>
> -Katie

"The Massachusetts Boxster" Jon Sirota (Josh's dad) takes his AS
Porsche Boxster out for a drive. Josh campaigned it in the 1997 slush
series. In it's [sic] first outing, Josh and Michael Butler undertook the
"National Champs Boxster Challenge" (NCBC), largely instigated by Andy
McKee. The contest was very exciting, with Michael and Josh trading
places right up to the last run. Josh finally won by about 0.4
seconds. To demonstrate the value of competition, these guys ended up
first and second (PAXed) in their first outing here in this car,
11/29/97. (Roger Schleicher photo)

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/photos.html