Class "ST2"

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Class "ST2"
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:37:06 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:Smokerbros@aol.com

"
SFR's Steering Committee will be discussing a proposal to add a Regional
class for 2004 that I call ST2.  The basis would be the STS rules, but for
Sports
Cars.  Target cars would be Miata, CRX, RX-7 non-turbo, 240Z, etc.
Non-listed
cars would include Honda S-2000, Porsche 911, etc.  Limited slips would be
allowed.

Discussion?

Charlie"

As not everybody has seen the list, I think it would be appropriate to post
the proposed class in its entirety. Thus owners of older cars will also
know the BMW Z3 is included in the proposed class.

        Initially I thought the proposed class should be called a "Yintage"
class. But the range of ages says something quite different. The older cars
are best called "cannon fodder."

--John Kelly