Re: S2000 owners esp. Ralph Elder and/or Andy and Teresa

To: Debbie <Debbie.Cunningham@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: S2000 owners esp. Ralph Elder and/or Andy and Teresa
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:23:24 -0700 (PDT)
S2K's are a naturally tail happy car, partly due to the fact most people are
not used to a stock car that reacts so fast to steering input.  In stock trim
on street tires they actually handle very well and pretty predictably.  The
"problem" is that when you stick on R tires that react faster and have much
less of a front/rear bias in contact patch, the car is a major handful.  Also
the added grip will unload the inside rear tire enough it will spin all day
long. A relatively huge front swaybar does wonders for the car, and will make
it much easier to autox.  Good shocks (read $$) also help more on this car than
others, as they do a much better job of keeping the very high roll rates under
control and inspire confidence in the driver.

It took longer to get used to the S2K than any other stock car I've raced, but
in the end it was a more rewarding experience.  They are very exciting and
challenging to handle, which can be frustrating at times.

-Andy

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com