RE: Matthew Rehrer

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Matthew Rehrer
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:12:32 -0400
Several days ago I responded to a message posted on BA Team.Net and
received the following reply from Matthew Rehrer.

>>This is an example of the sort of "joke" that one should strongly
consider
>>keeping to one's self.

>>Matthew"

I attempted to start a PRIVATE conversation with Mr. Rehrer to determine
the basis of his statement. The message was kicked back.  Please be aware
Mr. Rehrer's e-mail address does not function. My conclusion is he thinks
only what he says counts.
Below is the message I attempted to send him privately.

Sir,
        As a product of the Oakland (CA) Public School system, I feel no
guilt about kidding about the ill-starred "Ebonics" program. Born on Pill
Hill, I grew up in that town and know quite a bit about the city's history.
In fact I'm a third generation Oaklander.
        So what's your problem?

        I was quite pleased when the guy sent to administer the Oakland
school district because of its bailout by the state, held a press
conference at Manzanita Elementary school as that's where I went K-6.
                I attended Jr. High in Oakland and graduated from Oakland
High School. I took advantage of several other educational opportunities as
well. Given my "druthers," I'd prefer to live in Oakland, howwver my
personal situation didn't work out that way.
                My autocrossing career began in Oakland. And the good news
is I get to play the game there from time to time.
                So what is your problem?

--John Kelly