Re: Dry Ice

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, nokones@kenmitchell.com, Larrybsp@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dry Ice
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 13:51:02 EDT
In a message dated 4/6/2003 9:58:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Smokerbros@aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 4/6/03 8:28:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> nokones@kenmitchell.com writes:
>

> >Actually the rule has been in effect for the last 2-3 years.
> >

> And "cool-cans" have been prohibited since '89 or '90.
>
> Charlie

Cool cans are legal in Prepared classes, however.

Section15.10.F.3 - Page 118 of the 2003 Solo Book:

"A cool-can, not exceeding one gallon in volume, may be used. The cool-can
may not be installed in the passenger compartment."

Also - I do not see any prohibitions on externally cooling a car in the pits.
Water or even dry ice can be used. The specific section bans anything on the
car as a system, so you cannot have anything on the car when you run. You can
still spray water into the radiator or intercooler while sitting in the pits.
If you leave on the run with a chunk of dry ice on the intercooler, you are
illegal. If it is gone, you are legal. This is pretty straight forward. -Seth