Mazda Rev it Up !!!!

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Mazda Rev it Up !!!!
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:55:15 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:Sethracer@aol.com

"
I give you that, John. But the Automatic "6" model that I drove, even with
the "handling" mods, seemed like a slug when compared to the 5-sp
MazdaSpeed Protege's they let us drive on the slalom practice course."

The automatics felt like slugs to me, too. That brief encounter with the
manual 6 speed was better but the official timed part was with the
automatic. When standing on the start line with foot on brake the engine
just couldn't seem to rev it up, thus all my starts felt sloooow. On Friday
press day David Colman was 4th overall (in the 34s) and I was 11th overall
in the low 35s.

--John Kelly

--J