Little Lies

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Little Lies
From: Ms Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:58:00 -0800 (PST)
When I was a little girl riding with my parents on our
way to nationals, at every gas station in the middle
of nowhere someone would ask my dad what kind of car
it was, what kind of racing, and how fast it would go.
He always lied, and told them 200mph in the straight
aways. I said, "Daddy, why do you lie to them like
that?"

"Because, Katie, if I told them to truth, 92 mph
downhill with heavy wind, they'd be disappointed. Did
you see the smile on his face? I just made him happy."

-Katie