Re: gymkhana: M-W's Word of the Day

To: 76067.1750@compuserve.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: gymkhana: M-W's Word of the Day
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:37:22 -0400

Message text written by "Peter Mottaz"

"
So for those of us that haven't been around the sport all that long, what
would be the difference between a gynkhana course and a solo2 course?

Pete"

For openers, gymkhanas include backing up.

The first one I ever saw, curiously enough, was on the Golden Gate Fields
Upper parking lot, the one we drive though to the site we use for Solo II.
There ws this "garage" formed by three wooden barriers. A driver in an
MG-TD came into the "Garage" past a line and then had to back up out of
there and go through a curved slalom backwards. The TD driver had his car
in reverse, power on, before he arrived at the end of the garage. Mayhem
for TD gears <G>.

Then there were several maneuvers like a "four-leaf clover" where you drove
through a pair of gates, once in each direction.
..
..

Above is what it looked like. When you're done you're not always sure about
where you are, nor in what direction you're traveling.

That should be enough for openers.

--John Kelly