Re: What's drawing new members?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What's drawing new members?
From: Joe Ciarcia <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:21:36 -0700 (PDT)
--- Larrybsp@aol.com wrote:
> from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)
>

>               I have a different spin on why the new
> members. It has to do with the change in our society

> and the advances in automotive technology.

Yep, and as far as D-Stock is concerned it doesn't
hurt that Subaru is giving away a "free" 1 year SCCA
membership with the purchase of a new WRX. I count 61
unique WRX drivers for this season. Not all of them
are regulars but in the D-Stock run group alone there
are usually at least 10 WRX's lined up. I believe the
majority of those drivers have been autocrossing for
less than 1.5 years. Kinda frightening to think what
would happen to our numbers if Honda and Toyota
followed Subaru's example :eek:!!!

Joe

=====
Silly little Yahoo advert follows...