RE: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK
From: Randy Noll <rnoll98@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 13:39:40 -0700 (PDT)
> Mike replied:
>
> It does seem ridiculous on the surface, but when you scratch a bit
> deeper you
> realize that these tires are a step away from true "race" tires.
> These tires
> are DOT approved, are legal to drive on the street, and have [at
> least some]
> tread on them.

Heh, F1 tires have more tread than Hoosiers ;)

That big ol' "NOT INTENDED FOR STREET USE" on the Hoosier sticker also
raises an eyebrow...

Again, I love my Hoosiers and the fact that my "stock" car, equipped
with a base model 4cyl Camry engine, probably pulls 1.2 g's or so and
could toast a truly stock Z06, porsche, etc. (w/factory tires) around
an autocross course. I agree that you have to draw the line
somewhere... just makes me laugh.

Brings me back to my spec classes rant ;)

randy
http://health.yahoo.com