Re: Marina Grid Start/Finish

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Marina Grid Start/Finish
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:17:41 -0700
At 08:19 PM 6/24/2002 -0400, John F. Kelly Jr. wrote:
>The rules at Marina are often changed from moment to moment.
>At present we are gridding on the East side of the concrete pad. When you
>look at the Hiller Bldg you are looking West and if you stood real tall you
>would see the Pacific Ocean/Monterey Bay to the West. At least that's how I
>see it.
>
>         I think you're inquiring about putting the grid on the North side.
>That should be no problem except, as Peter Thana points out, we MUST stay
>off the taxiway which is why we used the entrance on the South side when we
>were there last.
>
>         I think we could gain some more useful space by staying where we
>are and backing the motorhome on to the asphalt. Or, go to the edge, the
>NorthEast edge.
>
>         I'm sure your creative mind wants to do something different and
>that's fine with me.
>
>         Pitting is allowing on the North side and the East Side. The fence
>to the South must remain empty. Also, the fence on the SouthEast corner
>must remain clear.
>I hope that makes sense.

Just FYI -

At last Sunday's BMW CCA event at Marina, we had the grid on the East side
of the concrete pad.  Pitting was not allowed along the fence on the East
side, South of the porta-potties.  Pitting was allowed along the edge of
the pavement on the East side, North of the porta-potties.  However, we
were told that if the course finished in the North-East corner of the pad
with cars pointed East, we would NOT be allowed to pit cars along the edge
of the asphalt on the East side, North of the porta-potties.  So, we set up
the course to start from the North end of the East side of the pad, and
finish on the South end of the East side.

Hope this makes sense...

Jim