Re: LeMans

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LeMans
From: Sterling McLane <semclane@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:07:06 -0700
Which brings up a new sore point.  AT&T Broadband is at it again.
LeMans may be the last  big Speed Channel happening in our house for
awhile.  Today's mail contained a notice from ATTBI that the rates are
going up and the coverage is changing.  For a mere $3 extra per month on
the "Digital Gold" package you get a few new channels you probably
couldn't give a fig about, plus having to pay an extra $5 per month for
the second digital receiver that is now included in the package.  To get
Speed Channel, throw in another $5 per month for their new "Premier
Tier" which includes another bunch of channels you probably don't want.
(of course this is softened somewhat by a special rate of $1 per month
each for the first year)  Is it time to learn to live with a weird
appendage to the roof and switch to Direct TV?