Marina on June 16

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Marina on June 16
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:54:30 -0400
We are set for our next SFR event at Marina (CA) Airport on Sunday, May 16.

See the run schedule on your previous event results or on the web page, the
only places I know for sure they're available.

The Marina people tell me NASA had a 240-car field last Sunday!

That's with a major CART race at Laguna Seca. No wonder the Laguna
grandstands weren't full. <G>

At Marina there will be a slight change to enter the site. This time there
should be pylons directing us to drive alongside the North side of the
Hiller Building and go straight back to the event site. That means we won't
have to bounce over the sand dune as in previous events we've held there.

        In theory the Marina Airport Restaurant will have the food
concession.

If you've never been to the Marina (CA) Airport before:
        From San Jose: Go South on 101 then West on State Route 152.
        152 joins State Route 1.
        Take Reservation Road exit. Go East under the freeway and follow
all the twists on Reservation Rd to Imjim Road. Left on Imjim into airport.

        All SCCA members welcome.
        Please obey all traffic laws.

--John Kelly