Re: 2% out of state extra tax on car??

To: james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: 2% out of state extra tax on car??
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:31:56 -0700 (PDT)
I have never of this and I don't know if is
legitimate. It sounds a lot like the $300 fee they
used to charge for registering cars that didn't have
"California" emissions equipment. The state was sued.
Federal courts  threw it out as a tax on interstate
commerce which the constitution forbids any state to
do. I got $300 back.

This sounds like an interstate commerce tax to me. Any
of the lawyers want to comment?

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com