Gravel at Golden Gate Fields

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Gravel at Golden Gate Fields
From: Joe <joe@bea.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 09:25:45 -0700
Hi all.

I just ran in an all-day autocross with the PCA at Golden Gate Fields
yesterday and it was very irritating, almost to the point that I would
skip events there. There is so much loose gravel all over the lot that
the first group must have bead-blasted their undercarriages to clean
a line. The 'line' was essentially point-to-point because with no traction
that's the shortest way around. Even in the afternoon, this was a
'drive-a-stupid-line-as-fast-as-you-can' event because any
attempt to vary put you into the drifts of displaced marbles. There was
a typical thirty-paces slalom where the cleared 'line' was precisely
straight from one side of one cone to the other side of the next cone.

Have we ever paid someone to sweep a lot? I would gladly chip in
for this, rather than be chipped away by the gravel.
Joe Weinstein