Re: Fwd: DOT Race Tires may become illegal

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: DOT Race Tires may become illegal
From: Randy Noll <rnoll98@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 16:37:51 -0700 (PDT)
We already have an inclusion list, it would just have to be modified.
Now we have something about the tire being produced in 4 widths and 4
rim sizes (or something like that). It would be quite easy to change it
to include certian tire lines by certain manufacturers. All tires
already have to be approved before we can use them (e.g. the new
Kumho). We have what, 4 or 5 brands, 2 of which probably cover 95% of
all competitors with 2 or 3 tire models each? That's less words than
are in this email.

The momentum that is carried by members' current setups is probably the
strongest force in this organization. There would be a long debate
about people having to retune their cars for "street tires", then all
the FWD guys would wanna throw in a rear sway bar while we're at it,
the whole shock thing would come up again...... an inclusion list
sounds real simple :)

randy