RE: Rallycross at GGF

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rallycross at GGF
From: "Sean O'Boyle" <joboyle@hpux.students.engr.scu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:11:50 -0700
GGF is a great site - except for the surface and the lack of a PA system.

The site has a great view of the Bay and the SF skyline.  There is plenty of
grid and course space.  There are no obstacles (read poles).  The lot is
flat.  We have a leisurely 10am start time for you late risers.  GGF is also
close to home - well not close to me - but close to most everyone else.

The lack of a PA makes it hard to chair an event - and hard to participate
in one too...  but the system of running around yelling for workers seems to
work okay.

And the surface?  I think we all know what the surface is like. ;)  It's
that combination of the lack of grip with the high (and strangely patterned)
wear on tires that makes GGF unique.  Usually grip and wear are directly
proportional.  ;)

>Tolerate them, or go farther from home.
Exactly.  If you don't want to run at a particular SFR SCCA event you have
options.  There may be a NASA event, a SacSCCA event, an AAS event, a CSCC
event, a ESCA event, a FresnoSCCA event, a Lockheed event (you have to know
the secret handshake), or a marque (shelby, tiger, ferrari, corvette, bmw,
porsche) club event.  But like Jesus says - you're likely going to have to
go further from home.

If you want to see GGF get replaced then you could volunteer to help find
new sites AND get the contacts for the site owners / managers AND get them
to sign up to allow us to use the site.  I think that there is only one
person doing it right now and I'm sure that he would appreciate any help.

-Sean