RE: New Hoosiers: scrub in or race ready ?

To: "'Yeoh Yiu '" <squid@panix.com>,
Subject: RE: New Hoosiers: scrub in or race ready ?
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:30:49 -0700
Hoosiers should be ready to go pretty much straight out of the box.  They
will be quite greasy for the first run or two, then they are scrubbed in and
ready.  I doubt a couple hundred miles of street driving will do as good a
job of scrubbing them as 1 or 2 autox runs, plus you get to find out first
hand why *nobody* runs these on the street!

Also I don't think they are very resistant to punctures, and I'm pretty sure
there isn't much that would tick you off more than putting a nail in a brand
new $800 set of Hoosiers!

Peter