Re: Tire pressures

To: james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>, "Kelly, Katie"
Subject: Re: Tire pressures
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:53:48 -0700 (PDT)
James pretty well sums up what was presented to me.
For what it's worth, the source for this
wisdom/opinion/thinking was Carrol Smith and a buddy
of his named Alec Purdy. They were both working as
race engineers for Indy Lights teams when I met them.

The 20 degree difference they were recommending was in
the context of roadracing where tires heat up and stay
hot for longer periods of time than autox. As I think
about it, attainable tire temp differences may be
smaller for autox conditions but the principle of the
insides being hotter would still apply.

Alan

http://taxes.yahoo.com/