Re: Which side to start the grid

To: "Rich Urschel" <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Which side to start the grid
From: "Anthony Tabacco" <atabacco@california.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 22:25:04 -0700
Oh I mean it doesn't much matter from an operational standpoint. I know it
matters to some drivers. It seems like usual practice for those who think
its important to have the hammer is to just grid later and/or figure out how
the group is going out. People ask me and I tell 'em and they go move their
cars. One guy, nameless of course is, pure stealth at getting last to go.
Its funny to watch the last minute adjustments he makes at the back before
rolling in.  It seems that our usual practice of late (when I've paid
attention) had been to go from 2 driver over, period.

As to the second, its nice within limits to be accommodating to people, but
with 300 plus to get through, you have to be firm or even pointed about not
allowing an entrant to delay an event. You got a grid to run. Tell 'em to
take it to the Chair if they want (invoke 7.4 the 10 car/5 minute rule on
any of their reruns if they do though). There are provisions for Order of
Running but, that I'm aware, none for the physical arrangement of the grid.
It would have to be a supplemental if so, and it would have to be clearly
spelled out.
Tony