Re: Going Downhill

To: J C <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Going Downhill
From: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:27:31 -0800
J C wrote:

> Now, I don't have a very good idea on where the hell
> those 1.5 to 2.5 seconds are hiding and I don't even
> know where to start looking (which is why you'll see
> me at autocross school,

> Cheers, Joe

Joe, that time is hiding in every corner you encounter. There is almost
never one big chunk of time available at any one corner, unless you
totally blew past the apex. There are, however, tenths to be gained in
each corner, so if you have a course with 10 turns in it, then it's
quite probable that you are losing .1 to .2  in each one, possibly more
in some turns than in others, but not much. If you are within 1.5 to 2.5
seconds from, say a nationally competitive driver in the same car, then
you are doing a pretty good job of driving already. Just some fine
tuning of your driving skills is all you need. The SCCA school will help
you fine tune your skills, and seat time of course.

Jesus