MIB (Cars)

To: Pat Kelly <lollipop487@attbi.com>,
Subject: MIB (Cars)
From: Bryan Nemy <bnemy@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 23:06:31 -0800
Thanks to the Men in Black(cars that is) for another great event.  I agree
with Pat.  Great weather.  No Sacramento autocrosses yet this year.  Seat
time for The Tour.  No conflicting dates.  I don't think we will top this
one the rest of the year, but we may get close.  We just have sooo many
great people helping out that we pull these big events off on a regular
basis.  When I was at the National Convention in Denver in February, I
attended a seminar on "what to do if you get a big turnout at your events".
Some regions went from 150 to 200 and couldn't figure it out.  I answered
most of the questions, as I told the attendees that we not only have 200-280
competitors at our events, but on the same day, in the same region, there
will be 125 at Sacramento and 80 at Marina, and 40 at Fresno, and maybe even
another group at an AAS event.  We sure don't need to worry about
conflicting dates.  Everyone gets to have fun. We just have the formula all
worked out.  It hasn't always been this good, but we seam to get better at
it as we go along.

It looks like the event on the 17th will probably not be close to 300.
There will be an event in Sacramento, an event at Marina, and The Tour in
San Diego.  Maybe time for fun runs?  We shall see.  We need to get a bigger
core of morning workers to get things going on time.  Course layout kind of
contributed to the late start for round 3.  Come early and make it your work
assignment.  You can leave after your runs.  Let us know if you are
interested.

Bryan