How AutoXers drive (Re: SUV explosion)

To: "'Kelly, Katie'" <kkelly@spss.com>, Pat Kelly
Subject: How AutoXers drive (Re: SUV explosion)
From: Carl Merritt <CMerritt@luminous.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:20:59 -0800
> It's so hard being an autocrosser in a world of FOOLS. :)

Okay, how, in your normal daily driving habits, do you scare the bejezers
out of your passengers?

For me, it's usually seeing the light at my left turn a block away turn
green, mashing the throttle, actually USING the brakes and then briskly
sweeping a clean line through the intersection.  Not really over the speed
limit by much and only briefly, no tire squealing, not even close to ABS
lockup on the deceleration or traction limits when cornering, but the
combination of that maneuver has made some co-workers swear to never ever
ride with me again.  ;-)

-Carl