Re: Has anyone compared the new Kumho EXTA V700?

To: Joe <joe@bea.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Has anyone compared the new Kumho EXTA V700?
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:50:33 -0800 (PST)
I just ran my event on the V-700's last Sunday after a
year and half on Victoracers. I don't think I can make
a really great comparison yet because,

1. I changed tire sizes as well tires. (195-55-14 to
185-55-14)

2. The surface at Candlestick was definitly
interesting with the layer of fine brown alternately
wet and dry silt that covered the course.

Having said that, the car seemed to be a lot easier to
point using  throttle & brakes along with steering
input.  The V-700's seemed to work best at 3 to 4 psi
lower at each corner that than I ran with the
Victoracers. This is on a Civic with 14x5 inch wheels.

If there is interest, I will offer more observations
after a couple more events.

Alan

http://www.kumhotireusa.com/pages/news2001.htm#ecstav700

http://www.kumhotireusa.com/pages/pass_uhp_e-v700.htm