Fastrack Replaces STR with STX - Street Tires -

To: "ba-autox@autox.team.net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fastrack Replaces STR with STX - Street Tires -
From: Barry Chafin <bchafin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:25:27 -0800
Dear SFR Solo2 Steering Committee,

Likely, several competitors are wondering whether to buy street tires or
DOT-Rs for the 2002 season.  Our question; will SFR go with the National
STS/STX recommendation?

+++

Quoted from the February issue of Fastrack, now available online at
scca.org:   -  http://www.scca.org/news/fastrack/02-02.pdf

"The STX class concept was approved for Regional use, will replace STR
in the Solo II rules, and will be offered as a supplemental class at
National level events in 2002.  Specific rules for STX will be published
in a coming issue of Sportscar."

"STX
1. All allowances in STS would carry over, including street tires, rim
restrictions, etc.
2. All restrictions regarding body type carry over.
3. Engine size allowance:  up to 5.1, normally aspirated and 2.0, forced
induction (single turbo or supercharger).
4. Only factory limited slip differentials (LSD) are allowed on AWD
vehicles, as defined in Section 12.4.  For 2WD vehicles and AWD vehicles
that did not come with any type of limited slip differential  (including
center differential or transfer case) a single aftermarket LSD may be
added.
5. High flow catalytic convertors are allowed but must attach within six
inches of the original unit.
6. Alternate motor mounts and/or engine locators (bobble struts) sold by
the vehicle's manufacturer or their Motorsports subsidiary or their
affiliate  (Chrylser/Mopa, Toyots/TRD, Honda/Mugen, etc.) are allowed.
7. Alternate driver and front passenger seats are allowed, but they
cannot be constructed of a solid outer shell and must have a suspended
bottom cushion and be fully upholstered.
8. Brake rotors and calipers are unrestricted, but must attach to the
original attachment points.
9. Additionally excluded cars: BMW M3 (E36 and E46), BMW M5 (all)."

+++

While the V700s were a hoot the last few seasons I'm personally looking
at a new set of Falken Azenis with my Christmas money.

Happy New Year,

Barry