Re:Thunderhill time trials

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Thunderhill time trials
From: Carson Black <cfbjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:36:33 -0800 (PST)
Dennis, dude don't be so hard on yourself! I thought
you did the best you could. You probably could have
abandoned the timers a little sooner and switched to
the 20 minute groups format a little earlier but you
tried to get everyone at least one time. I WILL be at
the next event for sure. And I would be at others if
there were any. The only thing I REALLY didn't like
was the Chinese food! But then again, I am really
picky about Chinese food. Can we just start with the
20 minute groups next year? I am the big chicken who
was worried about hurting my pretty blue Mazda MP3.
Once I was out on the track in the groups I was having
a blast though and found that it wasn't as bad as I
thought it was going to be. I know all those guys in
the Celicas didn't want to hurt their cars either.
Honestly, tell everyone to bring a friend with a
stopwatch next time and let us do the 20 minute
groups. I found it easier to guage my performace by
seeing what other cars were doing on the track in
front of me and adjusting what I was doing to see if
that was a faster way to get around the track or not.
I could tell I was doing it right when I caught up to
them. That's probably a total newbie view of it, but
it works for me!
Thanks again Dennis and Peggy for a really fun event.
Oh yeah can you do something about the weather next
time? It was freezing!