Re: Trademarks

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Trademarks
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:01:47 -0500

Message text written by craig boyle

"
I guess this distinction has gone right over my head
all these years. So the SCCA can run Solo II events,
but NASA, AAS etc. only get to do autocrosses? Is that
how it is?

Craig"

Yes, more or less.

Both "Solo I" and "Solo II" are names trademarked by SCCA.

Solo I covers hillclimbs and time trials.
Solo II is more commonly known as "autocross."

Yours truly participated in the legal ceremony some 25 years ago when a
Denver-based attorney hired by SCCA filed all the paperwork.

While it doesn't relate, the attorney was a former Miss Colorado who took
her prize money, went to Law School, and became a lawyer. The deal was
handled over the phone. I never met her. Another SCCA success story, sort
of.

--John Kelly

--John Kelly