shifting, was Re: 2500 lb Miata?

To: "Loughmiller, Scott" <scott@radiate.com>,
Subject: shifting, was Re: 2500 lb Miata?
From: "James Creasy" <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:07:21 -0400
consider that, theoretically, downshifting costs you less than upshifting
because it occurs under braking.  upshifting leaves you coasting when you
could be accelerating.

however, if shifting causes you to drive a poorer line or brake less
effectively then it might be a net loss.

i hate shifting (upsets the suspension) so ive been putting it in 2nd at the
starting line.

-james c (in new york where i could find work)