RE: NEWS FROM THE FRONT

To: "Lolita and Mike" <lomike@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: NEWS FROM THE FRONT
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 06:58:57 -0700
> The ultimate fanatic is one who proceeds to his conclusion with inexorable
> logic after starting from a flawed premise. With this individual there is no
> "reasoning" in our meaning of the word.
> If you don't fear "their" future actions, fear ours.
> MJ

Sometimes tone or sarcasm doesn't carry well over email. If you're referring
to me as the fanatic, it's an incorrect assumption. I would be very glad to
see these "bad guys" give themselves up peacefully and avoid the level of
destruction and lives lost that is going to come out of this. I'm encouraged
to see that the USA has refrained from a knee jerk bombing run and instead
seems to be gathering the facts and at least attempting to nab these guys
through diplomacy. I sincerely hope they are successful. However, I do not
think that is likely to happen. The kind of fanatics who are responsible for
this rarely give themselves up and usually fight to the end.