Re: AACCKKK~I Hate Rules!

To: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: AACCKKK~I Hate Rules!
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 07:24:16 -0700 (PDT)
>vic's z-car was beating the starlet most of this
year.

2800cc, 175cid = big motor now? It would be
interesting to Vic as well as me to see Franco's
2300cc Z car again and get a solid comparison.
Remember too that Vic's car is one of the most
developed autocross cars in the country, the engine
size remains a lesser issue.

>we also had a bunch of high power a-stock cars
>demolish the class mid-season, and i think a corvette
>won OSP early in the season.

I know nothing of this, personna non grata that I am.
I still think the engine size is far from a relevant
indicator of worth for a heads up autocross car.
Take any well done kit car [tube framed "Cobra" to
Lotus 7, something with a good suspension, no
struts!], put in a fully done race engine capable of
say 5#/hp, and get Craig and Jay to set the chassis,
then go kick Beagle and M3 butt.
Put in a tunnelled undertray and call it a Phantom 2 maybe.

=====
Dennis Hale