Re: Silly course question

To: Scot Zediker <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Silly course question
From: Giles Douglas <giles@vy.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:49:50 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Scot Zediker wrote:

> Hey, why do you think us T&S "regulars" like doing T&S?  Especially at GGF
> or 3Com, where you have to deal with cold wind off the bay regardless of the
> time of year.

Yeah, I figured that out last year. I still need sunscreen for sitting in
the trailer though, but its way more fun.

> > Card sorting is also much easier at SFR events rather than NASA ones.
> > Trying to sort cards without that funky card box we have is way too
> > difficult.... (And if you think SFR has it bad with bad numbers, at Marina
> > last weekend we had people running two drivers with the same numbers,
> > numbers on only once side, etc, etc. It wasn't terribly easy...)
>
> You noticed that too, huh?  BTW, were you in one of the morning groups?  (I
> ran in the afternoon.)

Yeah, I ran in the morning. Sounds like they were better in the afternoon
(well, NASA does only schedule two runs in the afternoon, so there is more
time for fun runs and stuff).

> As for NASA's problem with numbers, they now pitch themselves as the "fun"
> club.  So in their case, I'd be inclined to back off A LITTLE on the number
> deal (but the drivers had better make sure their numbers are correct and
> visible).

True. Now if only the people with numbers on only one side had put them on
the same side as the trailer so we could see who it was...

        Giles