Question about a-x run groups

To: BAMP@CODRUS.COM, BA-AUTOX@autox.team.net
Subject: Question about a-x run groups
From: "Craig Haggart, Accelerator Ops" <haggart@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:13:52 -0800 (PST)
Due to my odd work schedule and unusual sleep hours, it is often
very difficult or impossible for me to attend events at certain
times of day (sometimes mornings, sometimes afternoons or
evenings, depending on what part of my work cycle I'm in).  Is
it kosher to show up at an autocross with the intent to run in a
group that my car doesn't belong in?  I understand that doing so
would remove the possibility for earning points or trophies, but
I honestly don't care about that at all.

So, the question for the knowledgable: on a scale of 1 to 5, is
signing up for an obviously wrong run group (1) not allowed, (2)
not allowed but not enforced, (3) neutral, (4) allowed but not
encouraged, or (5) allowed without problem or question?  The same
question inherently applies to work groups, too.  (Being a newbie,
my work assignment will be "course worker" for a while.)

Thanks!

--
-Craig Haggart
 haggart@slac.stanford.edu