Re: GGF site?

To: Autocross List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GGF site?
From: Greg Umbay <greg_umbay@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:57:34 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1540383426-971391454=:28727

 I understand Japanese (got a BA in Japanese).  This is a Prolong infomercial.
Japanese TV airs infomercials all the time.  The place is Ebisu circuit.  A
nice place north of Toko where many drift racing contests are held.  He starts
off explaining what the car is about.  The driver (Ken Ueno) explains that the
Altezza  has a really nice engine and is pretty cool for drifting.  Al Gruner
mo wakaru kana?
Greg
  Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net> wrote:
GGF entry is paved all the way in. It gets heavy traffic from the
bettors, so it's also clean.
--Pat Kelly

"Michael R. Clements" wrote:

> I read about the troubles with the dirt entrance to Marina. I'm
> planning to go to round 3 at GGF on the 22nd. My car is not rain
> friendly, dirt friendly, or scratch/ding friendly (exposed front
> wheels like to throw rocks up at the car), so I'm wondering what
> the GGF entry and surface is like. Is it relatively clean, or
> should I expect to get little paint chips from rocks & debris?
>
> Thanks,
>
> P.S.
> Here's a neat video (about 3 MB in size) that I found on the net.
> I don't understand the Japanese, but it looks like some kind of
> 380 hp Lexus being driven with panache:
>
> http://www.sandiegostreetracing.com/media/video/drift14.asf
>
> --
> Michael R. Clements
> mrc01@flash.net
> Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
> Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
> -- Barry Goldwater

Street Touring -S

http://streettouring.homepage.com

---------------------------------
--0-1540383426-971391454=:28727

<P> I understand Japanese (got a BA in Japanese).&nbsp;&nbsp;This is a Prolong
infomercial.&nbsp;&nbsp;Japanese TV airs&nbsp;infomercials all the time.&nbsp;
The place is Ebisu circuit.&nbsp; A nice place north of Toko where&nbsp;many
drift racing contests are held.&nbsp; He starts off explaining what the car is
about.&nbsp; The driver (Ken Ueno) explains that the Altezza&nbsp;&nbsp;has a
really nice engine and is pretty cool for drifting.&nbsp; Al Gruner mo wakaru
kana?<BR>Greg
<P>&nbsp; <B><I>Pat Kelly &lt;lollipop@ricochet.net&gt;</I></B> wrote: <BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
PADDING-LEFT: 5px">GGF entry is paved all the way in. It gets heavy traffic
from the<BR>bettors, so it's also clean.<BR>--Pat Kelly<BR><BR>"Michael R.
Clements" wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I read about the troubles with the dirt
entrance to Marina. I'm<BR>&gt; planning to go to round 3 at GGF on the 22nd.
My car is not rain<BR>&gt; friendly, dirt friendly, or scratch/ding friendly
(exposed front<BR>&gt; wheels like to throw rocks up at the car), so I'm
wondering what<BR>&gt; the GGF entry and surface is like. Is it relatively
clean, or<BR>&gt; should I expect to get little paint chips from rocks &amp;
debris?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; P.S.<BR>&gt; Here's a neat
video (about 3 MB in size) that I found on the net.<BR>&gt; I don't understand
the Japanese, but it looks like some kind of<BR>&gt; 380 hp Lexus being driven
with panache:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;
http://www.sandiegostreetracing.com/media/video/drift14.asf<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;
--<BR>&gt; Michael R. Clements<BR>&gt; mrc01@flash.net<BR>&gt; Extremism in the
defense of liberty is no vice.<BR>&gt; Moderation in the pursuit of justice is
no virtue.<BR>&gt; -- Barry
 Touring -S</P>
Get <a href="http://mail.yahoo.com/";>Yahoo! Mail</a> - Free email you can
access from anywhere!