Changes to the 2000 Solo 2 Series

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Changes to the 2000 Solo 2 Series
From: "Grantz, Sherry" <Sherry.Grantz@Aspect.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:33:04 -0700
With so many Steering Committee members being regular members on this list
(I'm only on the digest), it's always surprising to me that no one states
the facts when there are discussions on such things as "whether 3 runs or 4
runs is preferable."

At the June 20 SC meeting, the following items were passed:

1. All further 2000 regular series events will be limited to 3 runs.
    (Four runs are no longer an option. And since the beginning of time, 5th
run group cannot start before 1 p.m., so now morning fun runs are a
possibility.)

2. Non-SCCA members will not be allowed to drive in SFR Solo 2 events after
July 2. With our current attendance levels, you can expect that it will be
years before non-members are allowed to participate again. We will begin
offering a 90-day temporary membership for $25 at the July 9 event. How long
we will offer this option has not been decided.

3. The current 2000 Series calendar now includes only 14 events (and it is
unlikely that any more will be added at this point). That means you now have
only 3 drops instead of the 4 you were planning on with 16-18 events (there
is one drop for every 4 events). (Note that July 15 and 16 have been dropped
due to other scheduling by Oakland Coliseum.)

Sherry Grantz