Re: Awesome John Kelly

To: 76067.1750@compuserve.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Awesome John Kelly
From: "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 11:31:16 PDT
>Thanks for your kind thoughts.
>         A major concern of mine on our return to GGF is that the first
>time we were there we were limited to "SCCA Members Only." Thus we had a
>bit of control on behavior going in. The
>squirrels well knew they'd have their membership pulled if they
>pulled some of the stunts we currently see at BOTH Oakland and 3 Com,
>fortunately not all the time.

It's not clear to me that we have the ability to pull a membership, nor that
doing so would be more of a deterrent than kicking a person out of the
events - some members have membership simply to enter autocrosses.
Certainly some of the problems we've had over the past couple years have
involved SCCA members (I couldn't guess at the percentage), and I'm not
aware that they were warned with any sanction other than the normal
expulsion from the event.

>         The people who voted non-members in as entrants are, for the most
>part, no longer participating. Those of us who still have to live with the
>occasional clown would rather they just go away.

I'm not clear on who "they" refers to:  "non-SCCA members", "the people who
voted non-members in as entrants", or "the occasional clown", so I'll run
through each of the cases:

"Those of us who still have to live with the occasional clown" is everyone.

If you're saying that 'everyone' would rather 'non-SCCA members' just go
away, I disagree (so your statement is false).

If you're saying that 'everyone' would rather 'the people who voted
non-members in as entrants' just go away, you've said that for the most
part, they already have.  However, just to be thorough, if any of 'the
people who voted non-members in as entrants' are still around, I disagree
(so your statement is false).

If you're saying that 'everyone' would rather 'the occasional clown' go
away, I certainly don't disagree with it, but presumably 'the occasional
clown' does, so again your statement is false.

Maybe you could start over and just tell us exactly what YOU think instead
of trying to speak for 'everyone'.

KeS